On Monday 28 April 2008 00:01:47 Tim Ashman wrote:
> I tried this from the command line and received this error.
>
> "import_vcard: Error reading card file addresses.vcf: required attribute N
> is missing!"

The .vcf file is invalid: it is missing the "N" attribute, which the standard
is very clear is required in all vCards.

I am very interested to find out what system generated this invalid vCard and
also to see the invalid vCard(s).  If possible, please send me the vCard file
by email off the list (I will keep it confidential).  If you can't send me
the whole file, please send me at least one card and change any data you want
(but please keep the structure, all the fields and things like spaces within
the fields).

If the system which generated the invalid vCard is still maintained (e.g. not
an old Palm application) please report the bug to the originating system: GPE
may not be the only application which rejects their invalid vCards.

Graham