On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 12:07:49PM -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

> One thing I know happens now is that touching the screen turns on the
> backlight while locked.  So sitting in the case in my bag may be turning

That shouln't happen.  Touching the screen should no bring the backlight up.
However, hitting one of the hard buttons ought to bring it up, so the device
can show you how to unlock it.

This may have been mentioned before, but did you trying placing it in offline
mode before locking?  I definitely get better battery time if I do that so the
wlan won't kick in as i move between networks it knows or thinks it knows.

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com