On Mon, June 9, 2008 04:12, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ext Marius Gedminas wrote:
>  >>>

> It does also some other similar things, but basically it should be
> idle as should hald-* processes.

Thanks.  I seem to get various processes eating immense amounts of time
and memory when the tablet gets into wonky states, but I haven't found
what *triggers* it yet.

>  >>
>>> Thanks, will do.  I think I'm going to reflash it (there's not that
>>> much
>>> to reconfigure), as well.  Though I suppose I should check the card
>>> format first, on the principle of perturbing as close to exactly one
>>> thing as possible between tests.
>>
>> Good idea.  You could also try to pull the card(s) out and see if you
>> still get 50% CPU usage.

The card checked out okay on windows, and the files all seem valid.  I've
reflashed, and installed even less than before (I'm putting things back
one at a time and waiting a while, to see when weirdness begins).

I haven't had one of the weird sluggish episodes (which is when I found
the various processes eating so much time) yet, but I do have the battery
running down in ways I don't understand.  Also I'll lock the screen and
put it down, and when I push power the next day get what I think is a boot
(does the progress bar go across the bottom of the Nokia logo screen for
anything except a real boot?).

So far all I've installed since the reflash (with what I remember as 51-3
of OS2008) is OpenSsh and FBREADER.  I'm in the middle of a book in
FBREADER, so that's the key application at the moment :-).

> Good idea.  One could also check what "dmesg" says, whether it shows
> anything suspicious.

Good point, should have looked at that before.  I'll keep that in mind in
future (tablet is at home, I'm at work now).

--
David Dyer-Bennet, [EMAIL PROTECTED]; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info