On Sep 27, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:31:22 -0600, Mark wrote:
>

>> You may not plan to remove a card once you put it into your tablet,
>> but
>> what happens when those 32Gb cards (and later on 64Gb, 128Gb, etc.)
>
> From what I've found out, the current standard (2.0) expires at
> 32Mb.  So
> they'll probably have to think up new interfacing to get to 64Gb, and
> they won't work in the n800.  By the time I ca  afford devices that
> can
> use cards that big, the cards will probably be quite affordable.

SDHC specifies up to 32GB, but the hardware tops out at 2048GB. I'm
not sure why it's at 32GB at the moment, but it certainly wont require
hardware changes (and shouldn't require software changes as far as I
can guess).

By the way MB is megabyte and Mb is megabit.

--
Ryan Abel
Maemo Community Council chair