Mark wrote:
> If I understand correctly, you're expecting the update tools to
> automatically pick up the latest OS image and install it.

He is using Windows, so, yeah - the tool should be picking up the latest
firmware automatically. The issue is more likely related to what Ryan
was saying about non release hardware.

The Windows tool is actually quite nice. It does have one flaw - it
makes you connect the tablet whilst it downloads the firmware, which is
not a good idea IMO. It should allow the firmware to be downloaded first
- though I'm guessing it's using the tablet to get the MAC address info,
so maybe it's just a design flaw mascaraing as a questionable practice
:-) Should probably give the option to manually enter the MAC address,
or at least, remember the last one, so that the painful wait on battery
is lessened. (NOTICE: I use a Mac now and have only used the Windows
flasher circa IT OS 2007, so it might have changed by now..)