Ryan Abel wrote:
> On Oct 1, 2008, at 7:21 AM, Andre Klapper wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am Dienstag, den 30.09.2008, 22:00 -0700 schrieb Pete Black:
>>> I have n810 wimax (rx-48) where I need to upgrade from maemo
>>> 0.2008.14-9
>>> to the latest version (4.2008.36-5). However, I can't seem to get my
>>> hands on a frimware binary. I've tried both
>>> http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N810.php and the Windows software
>>> update tool from Nokia
>>> (Nokia_Internet_Tablet_Software_Update_Wizard.exe) without any luck.
>>>
>>> Has anyone had the same problem?
>> 0.2008.14-9? Where did you get that version (and the device) from?
>
> Internal release for the RX-48. Clearly this is an internal pre-
> release device.
>
>> Your description is vague - What *exactly* was the issue with flashing
>> it? Any error messages?
>
> Well, the issue is that there's no public images available for RX-48.
> The RX-34 and RX-44 images don't have the stuff needed for the RX-48,
> so getting them running on the RX-48 isn't going to be an option like
> it was for the RX-34 back in November with the RX-48 image.

Yes, Ryan got it right. It was given given to a friend of mine directly
by Nokia. As someone else mentioned using the RX-34 and RX-44 images is
not an option[1]. In any case, I can't even access them on
tablets-dev.nokia as it says my ID (MAC address) is invalid. And the
windows tool comes up empty, and asks for a binary.

I guess all I need is an updated image, if that is possible with this
device. I've contacted Nokia directly and I'm waiting to hear back.

Thanks,
Pete

[1]http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=229217&postcount=209