On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Henrik Frisk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if this has been discussed before (didn't find anything
> in the archives), but my apologies if it has.
>
> After updating to Diablo, the built in SIP client works even better
> with my service. This enables me to receive and make calls from my
> business number wherever I am. The result is I almost only use my
> mobile for 3G connections. I use the headset that shipped with my N810
> which works fine. My only problem is that when plugged in the headset
> (obviously) shuts down the speakers, with the unwanted side effect
> that I will not hear ring tones unless I have the headset plug in my
> ear (this is true whatever the client is (Skype, Gizmo, Ekiga... ).
>
> I guess this is hardware controlled, and that there is really no way
> around it, but what is the situation with a BT headset? Is it
> different, or is all audio similarily rerouted to the BT headset?
>
> Finally, I know the IT where not designed to be used as phones, but
> now that they are usable as phones, it's a shame that practical issues
> like this reduces their usability.
>
> best
>
> Henrik

Just after sending the above off I found this in the
http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail//maemo-users/2008-July/022127.html:

"You're mistaken :) The fm radio ui has buttons to toggle between speaker
and headphone output. As for the bt headset case, dunno."

This suggests it would be possible to reroute the audio of the ring
tone to the speaker while the headset is plugged in.