Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before (didn't find anything
in the archives), but my apologies if it has.

After updating to Diablo, the built in SIP client works even better
with my service. This enables me to receive and make calls from my
business number wherever I am. The result is I almost only use my
mobile for 3G connections. I use the headset that shipped with my N810
which works fine. My only problem is that when plugged in the headset
(obviously) shuts down the speakers, with the unwanted side effect
that I will not hear ring tones unless I have the headset plug in my
ear (this is true whatever the client is (Skype, Gizmo, Ekiga... ).

I guess this is hardware controlled, and that there is really no way
around it, but what is the situation with a BT headset? Is it
different, or is all audio similarily rerouted to the BT headset?

Finally, I know the IT where not designed to be used as phones, but
now that they are usable as phones, it's a shame that practical issues
like this reduces their usability.

best

Henrik