On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 18:56:39 +0200
Dave Neary <dne...@maemo.org> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Andrew Flegg wrote:
> > The Contacts app on Maemo 5 is pretty damned good, IME.
>
> Just wondering if you found any way to filter contacts and create
> user-defined groups?
>
> I have rather more contacts on the phone than average, I suspect -
> around 3500. They're mostly email-only, so they don't show up in the
> phone app. Nevertheless it does slow down the contacts app & make it
> harder for me to find That Special Someone - like "favourites" in
> Android, if you're familiar with that.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave.

FWIW I found out the other day that ctrl-f lets me search the entire
GPE Contacts database for a string. It works with other apps as well,
but not all. I still use an n810 so I don't know if that will work for
you. Finally someone with a bigger address book than I ;)

--
Best Regards,

Peter The Plumber
Sent from a mobile Internet Tablet