On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Timo Pelkonen <pelt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> Wait for what? A version with updated radio?. I think that might happen
>>> sooner than the government auctioning the 2100 Mhz band for WCDMA/UMTS...
>>>
>>> FC
>>>
>>> Wait for something to happend to the situation. Aka hope for the best
>> from n900's successor or frequency changes to 3g network. There is nothing
>> more to do. This is unfortunate but everybody in the world can't be pleased
>> because there are so many standards etc.
>>
>> Ossipena
>>

> Well, at least RIM did something..
>

> http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/02/26/rim-releases-a-quad-band-3g-bold-in-japan/
> "the Japanese Bold that went on sale over the weekend is a quad-band 3G
> device containing the 2100, 1900, 850 and 800 MHz bands of UMTS/HSDPA"

Another one, this one from Nokia. I couldn´t have said things better myself:

"It’s good to see Nokia (NYSE:
NOK<http://finance.intomobile.com/intomobile?Page=QUOTE&Ticker=NOK>)
finally making true world phones. By this I mean a single device that sings
on both 900/2100MHz and 850/1900 MHz, used in Europe/Asia and North America,
respectively. On that note, the Nokia N97 mini has been spotted at the
FCC<https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=375667&fcc_id=%27QVVRM-553%27>with
a quad-band 3G radio, meaning you’ll be able to use it both in the
U.S.
and Europe, which is cool. You know rest of the mini’s specs, so I won’t
repeat them here. I’ll only add that I’m hoping this will be the Finnish
giant’s practice for all high-end devices in the future. No one wants to
have a special phone when travelling, right?"

http://www.intomobile.com/2009/09/29/nokia-n97-mini-with-quad-band-3g-radio-is-at-the-fcc.html

FC