On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 23:01, Kahlil Johnson <jzare...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I love the OSM apps as well as the Flickr integration however I would
> love to see more services like integrate the ical feed and be able to
> use my calendar server or google calendar or my own. Even if I can
> insert an ical i can't stream it so it keeps updates.

You can sync your Google Calendars (and possibly other things, but
*I*'ve only tried calendar) using NuevaSync's free account
(http://www.nuevasync.com/) and Mail for Exchange (under 'Settings')

Other Google services which work well:

  * Mail with the built-in mail client (using IMAP)
  * Reader using the web browser (apparently)
  * Latitude with the maemo-geolocation plugin available
  * Maps

> Technically speaking I wonder if there is something missing, like a
> standarize webapp structure, like KDE's Nepomuk or will each app has
> to build their stack like Gpodder, hermes etc.

Neither Gpodder nor Hermes are web-apps; they are, however, both built
on top of large, standardised frameworks: amongst others Python, Gtk+
and Hildon. Neither have built their own stack.

With regards to writing application/widgets using HTML/CSS/JS, Nokia
Web Runtime (WRT) is the strategic answer here and is coming at some
point this year for Maemo.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

--