Graham Cobb wrote:
On Thursday 14 January 2010 16:01:47 Peter Bart wrote:
Where might I find GPE?

Peter,

The GPE apps for Fremantle are in "extras-testing", meaning that they are effectively in "Beta" status. I have found and fixed a number of problems and new versions will be created soon, I hope. Note that they have (mostly) not been ported to be finger-friendly (you will see what I mean when you try them).

The N900 comes with contacts and calendar/todo apps so it is not clear the GPE apps are very useful on the N900.

I wouldn't want to bet on it. I haven't seen the N900 PIMs but if they are as poor as the N800 ones were, GPE is going to be essential.

BTW are you going to issue an update for the GPE apps for OS2008 at all, or are they now dead? I'll be using my N800 for a good while yet, and I rely on GPE. No showstoppers, but a way to export and then erase historical data up to the most recent 31st Dec would be nice :-)

///Peter