On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 19:07 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 18:54 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:

> > > On mine, the N900 becomes totally unresponsive (won't even charge)
> > > depending on turning power on and off and charging while power is off,
> > > etc. I have to remove the battery and reinsert it, then it behaves
> > > normally. Maybe you can try that if you haven't already.
> >
> > I just tried your suggestion.
> > So now, when plugging the cable it enters into a loop where it starts to
> > charge (the yellow led slowly blinks), the USB mass storage mode is
> > entered, than after 5 seconds the led stops blinking, 2 seconds after
> > that it powers completely off for 1 second.
> > Rinse and repeat.
>
> ... and after trying to power it on while plugged, it's just black with
> a red led faintly blinking. Even when unplugging and replugging the
> cable.

So I got back home, and instead of trying the wall charger I tried on my
home computer (because it has the original Nokia cable, instead of the
one I bought on eBay), and there it worked.
Tried on another pc, it worked too. Of course the wall charger worked
too.

And now, back to work, with the eBay cable, it charges happily.

But strangely the first time I plugged it, it thought it was a wall
charger (it didn't ask for mass storage/pc suite mode), and after
unplugging/replugging it worked normally.

Strange ...

        Xav