Gustavo Giampaoli a écrit :
I found both aproaches really atractive and useful.
Kaptan looks very intuitive, easy and centralize most (if not all) the
most common and basic settings that a person with basic knowledge
could need after the first boot.
However, wobo's aproach is also important. What happends if
Kaptan-like-tool hangs in the first boot and close? That's where info
page will be really really useful. This is an extreme example, but I
think I presents the idea well. A newbie will be almost "naked and
screaming" without to know where to go for help.
But, if Kaptan-like-tool doesn't hang and works fine, it's always
important to let people know where they have to go if anything goes
wrong or where to meet other user. You never know when a user could
become an important contributor.
Cheers!
Gustavo Giampaoli (aka tavillo1980)
_____
I think the welcome centre is a great idea, but I don't see how this
Kaptan tool would differ from the Mandriva configuration centre (MCC),
long available in Mandriva for easy gui configuration.
Since Mageia is a fork, we will already have that. (At least initially.)
As well, there is an easy tool for minor configuration of the Gnome
desktop, which I presume has an equivalent under KDE.
Is the idea essentially equivalent to enhancing the MCC for a more
complete range of settings to configure ?
- André (andre999)
_______________________________________________
Mageia-dev mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.mageia.org/mailman/listinfo/mageia-dev