Le 2010-10-13 14:23, Michael Scherer a écrit :
Le mercredi 13 octobre 2010 à 20:06 +0200, Olivier Méjean a écrit :
Le mercredi 13 octobre 2010 19:31:44, Michael Scherer a écrit :
Le mardi 12 octobre 2010 à 17:53 +0200, Olivier Méjean a écrit :
== And DVDCSS, etc?

What's in etc ?
However, here in France we have a law "Dadvsi" on which the Conseil
Constitutionnel (something like American Suprem Court) has statuted that
the law could not prevent exception of decompilation and the exception
of circumvention of DRM if this is for interoperability. In other words
the use of libdvdcss is allowed for interoperability.
So for me, Mageia can come with libdvdcss and other tools for
interoperability

And for the people hosting mirrors outside of France ?

It's their own responsability, no one force them, and some in the world take
the responsability to host mirrors with questionnable software. Let's give
them the liberty to choose as we have the opportunity here in France to ship
such software. No one forces several company, university, or other groups to
mirror ArchLinux, PCLinuxOS, LinuxMint, PLF

So I assume that you volunteer to find another Tier 1 mirror to replace
ibiblio.org ?

I was actually going to approach a university in Canada this week about mirroring but I think I will wait till this is sorted out. I don't believe I could convince them if they read this thread. They would most definitely have second thoughts.

Marc