devzero2000 a écrit :

Hi to Mageia

I am part of rpm5 (but I follow rpm from more than 10 years) and
recently I did join Mageia, although I almost always used for work
other distros and OS (AIX, SVR4) that I also deal with Mandriva and
security (CEH) https: / /
www.redhat.com/wapps/training/certification/verify.html?certNumber=805007215126804&verify=Verify

Apart from the rest - of which i will ask for sponsorship when it will
be - I wanted to know if there are plans to move to rpm5 by Mageia,
such as Mandriva has been doing lately. Rpm5 already has a builtbot
with Magela and rpm5. I can, if you can think useful or have plan for
this, lay the necessary modification to enter into rpm5 Mageia, with
the features of Mandriva cooker - fingerprint, syslog, etc. without
trademark ecc- and produce a first rpm rpm5 for mageia , which also
contains the functionality required by the passage to the "RPM
ACID " feauture (berkeley db conversion)

is there interest? Then if someone wants to directly participate in
rpm5 I think that there should also be no problem.

Opinions ?

TIA

Regards

As you can see from the other reponses, we are preoccupied with other priorities, and rpm5 remains controversial. But if you can help Mandriva solve their problems with rpm5, you certainly enhance the chances of it eventually being adopted by Mageia.

regards
--
André