Am 24.03.2011 11:53, schrieb Michael Scherer:
Le jeudi 24 mars 2011 à 11:15 +0100, Thorsten van Lil a écrit :
What about a DVD including non-free packages but has the option to not
install them?
I think the majority of the users don't care that much about proprietary
issues, they just need them for using there wireless card or graphic
card. Those how do care can just uncheck the non-free part of the DVD. :)

Well, personally, then I would just continue to use Fedora or others
distribution on my computers, and keep Mageia just for the servers of
the project.

Why?
I respect those who don't want to use non-free software, so this shouldn't be a discussion about ideology. But I don't see a real difference between an free-iso + an extra iso for non-free and an iso where non-free is in an extra directory and can be used if the user wants to. The only difference I see is, like wobo said, the public perception but this couldn't be your trigger?

Regards,
Thorsten