On 06/10/2011 06:46 AM, Michael Scherer wrote:
While I have no issue with gnome-shell, I have read enough reports of
people not happy with it to know we would head to a 2nd kde 4.0 story.
So maybe we could start to learn from the past and discuss with users to
explain the update, see why they do not want etc, instead of being
purely focused on "it is cauldron, let's update everything".
+1

3 is rumored to have a lot of ideological change, and probably the usual GNOME removal of working stuff that people expect to be there (GDM config). It would be very nice to have a tool to switch back and forth for experimentation, at least a minimal list of things from each release that can be removed via rpm --nodeps prior to reinstalling the other release, so that urpmi doesn't try to remove the world to make the change.