Am 05.08.2011 14:58, schrieb andre999:
Colin Guthrie a écrit :

I think srm should just be a tool people use explicitly when they want to.

When I think about it, deleting with a pattern instead of just zeros is probably only advantageous when a disk is being disposed of -- in which case srm being a userspace tool is not a disadvantage.

Col

Well, if you want to dispose the disk, then i'd use something like Dariks Boot and Nuke (DBAN):
http://www.dban.org/
It offers really secure methods of overwriting your data with varying patterns,
and if you want to dispose a whole disk. then maybe an userspace tool to delete single
files is not the best suited tool, IMHO.