On 30.11.2011 15:20, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
On Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:13:00 pm andre999 wrote:
Jerome Quelin a écrit :
hi,

On 11/11/28 17:28 -0500, andre999 wrote:
so i there some kind of meta-package which is responsible for
obsoleting packages that should be uninstalled?
Why not do what boklm suggested on Mageia-dev (2011-11-20 18:01) :

you don't answer the question. i'm not asking what to do in svn, that's
pretty easy. but if we do only what you suggest, then the packages will
stay installed on systems upgraded from mageia 1. and if the package is
unmaintained, we don't want that to happen: we want the package to be
uninstalled from all mageia 2 installs.

the question is: how? which package is to obsolete the list of unwanted
softs?

jérôme
Sorry, I should have realised that you were asking more than that :/
When a package is dropped, do we usually try to force its' removal ?

In this case, we are mostly trying to minimise the spellcheckers that we
support.  Once we drop a package, we no longer support it.  So if
someone has a problem with it, our solution would be "install hunspell".

If it hasn't already been done, we should mention it being dropped in
the release notes.

To obsolete the other spellcheckers, it seems to me that the only place
to put the obsolete to be reliably executed would be in hunspell.
If the user doesn't have hunspell installed, then either they are using
another spellchecker (which would be their choice, and we wouldn't be
supporting), or none at all.

another 2 cents :)
+1
Hello!

I plan to drop this ispell package - that is broken (or people must install ispell on their own).

I don't want to drop (remove from mirrors) aspell (and unsure for about myspell), I will just try to force everything to use only hunspell and don't taint the standard installation with every possible spell-checker.

Dropping aspell could be done for Mga3 - I think, now just simply don't use it as much as possible to make a good ground to drop it later.

I will try to write a policy for packaging dicts and and info what to enforce to use different spell-checker.