W dniu 16.12.2011 02:07, Charles A Edwards pisze:
On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 01:20:26 +0100
Kamil Rytarowski<n...@gmx.com>  wrote:

Current enchant pkg needs to be converted to use hunspell as the
primary/default backend rather than aspell which it is now uses.
Simply drop the BR for aspell-devel and only use hunspell-devel.
Yes, you are right.

I'm thinking of disabling Aspell support (so therefore no more
BuildRequires/Requires for Aspell) in enchant at all, and make Aspell
as deprecated as possible.

What do you think about it?

I can see no real reason not to do so.
I will add this idea to the wiki too.
At some point, if not now, if/when we drop myspell it might make sense
to change the hunspell-dictionary install directory from
%{_datadir}/myspell/* to %{_datadir}/hunspell/* and configure enchant
accordingly.
This is the good idea! I've looked into some other distros, Fedora despite absent MySpell still uses the old location for dictionaries. Distros like Arch, Debian, Ubuntu keep files in %{_datadir}/hunspell/* and use symlinks in %{_datadir}/myspell/*. Gentoo uses common packages for both spell-checkers.

I favour installing files into %{_datadir}/hunspell/* and to keep symlinks in %{_datadir}/myspell/* as the backward compatibility.

     Charles