Le 08/01/2012 21:18, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
W dniu 08.01.2012 15:19, Luc Menut pisze:
Hello,

[...]

if the versionned provides indicates the location, we can use it if
necessary in Conflicts or Requires in others packages.
e.g. currently Firefox searches dictionnaries in
/usr/share/dict/mozilla (myspell dictionaries). when we change this
location, we could add a Requires enchant-dictionary = 4.

same for hunspell-dictionary and dictionary-%{languagecode}, a
versionned provides could indicate the location of the dictionary.
if we want to be able to remove easily all the compatibility link in
the future, we should really consider this.

If a package requires enchant-dictionary, then language specific will be
chosen before Aspell. This is the whole idea behind it. (eg. Voikko is
chosen before hunspell-fi and aspell-fi too).

OK, I understand the use for enchant-dictionary.

And I'm against some
special versioning for directories, we don't really need it.

sorry but I don't agree with you here.
e.g. in coming days, we will fix firefox (and other mozilla apps) to use hunspell-dictionaries; we will update the link to
/usr/lib64/firefox-9.0.1/dictionaries -> /usr/share/hunspell
and change the requires to hunspell-dictionary.

but hunspell-dictionaries "old generation" (mga1) provide hunspell-dictionary, and install dictionaries only in /usr/share/myspell. how do you plan to handle that the fixed firefox will absolutly need hunspell-dictionaries "new generation", and can't work with hunspell-dictionaries "old generation" ?

regards,

Luc

--
Luc Menut