Hi,

Le 13/12/2012 09:00, Shlomi Fish a écrit :
Hi Joseph,

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:53:04 +0800
Joseph Wang<joequ...@gmail.com>  wrote:

[...]
* I'd like to add a rule (which is followed by current packages) that
the prefix "py" should
generally be removed from a package name.  For example pyopencl should be
called python-opencl.  This is the current convention for packages in mageia.
I'm OK with it either way.
I disagree on that point: software and libraries names are choose by the developers.
Who are we to change them ?

Adding "python-" at the beginning of the package name for our own organization is one thing, changing the name is another.

And our policy only talk about upstream names containing the complete word "python", not just "py".

Claire