Public bug reported:

I've identified this as a source of frustration amongst new users.
Information about yourself is split amongst four different Mahara pages:

1. The Profile Page: This is the View that other users see when they
click on your name, customisable with blocks like any other View
(although Profile Views have some custom code relating to them). It's
accessible by clicking on your own name in the title bar, or in the
profile side block, or from the Portfolio->Pages page

2. Profile Info: This is the list of information about you, which can
then be displayed in an "About Me" block. It's accessible via
Content->Profile

3. Profile Picture: This is your user icon. It's accessible by clicking
on your user icon on the Content->Profile page, or by going to
"Content->Profile pictures".

4. Account Settings: These are the settings relating to your account,
like your password. This is accessible by clicking on the "Settings"
link in the title bar

Mike Kelly shared with us a screenshot of his improved profile sideblock
which clarifies a lot of this by just providing explicit links to all of
them. I think implementing that would be a great start.

** Affects: mahara

** Attachment added: "Mike Kelly's improved profile sideblock"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1204364/+attachment/3747186/+files/mahara-user-info.png

  Make links to Profile Page, Profile Info, Profile Picture, and Account
  Settings clearer

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  New

Bug description: