Hi Wangchen,

I think there might be a couple of wishlist items in your last posting
rather than bug fixes, which might be good to separate out, but I'd have
to take a closer look, which I can't do at the moment. We'd need to
check if LTI allows for the mapping that you suggest. If I remember
correctly, LTI did not and that's why we had to go with the way we did.

Please also note that Canvas may have customized it's LTI a bit. I know
it's the case for the LTI homework assignment, and thus may have some
additional things available that a standard LTI setup doesn't, which is
the way we went for the initial implementation of LTI in Mahara to
support the basics for the majority of LMSs.

In regards to your tweak, you can do that without any problems on your
own instance of Mahara. I'd rather not include it in Mahara core as it
doesn't fix the issue and might introduce problems for others that
require the other parameter.

  LTI: Additional Canvas parameter is not ignored

Status in Mahara:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Hi Team,
  At UC we are using:
  Mahara 17.10
  LMS is Canvas

  We are trying to configure LTI, which we can do, however the LTI connection
from Mahara to Canvas fails because Canvas is passing the SSID (Course ID)
which Mahara doesn't care about and so dumps the connection attempt. I have
attached a screen shot on an email as it keeps all the elements of the email
together which has screenshots and text which is not a combination supported by
this bug submission text editor.
  Cheers,
  Shane.