Hi Adam

I tried to replicate what you did in index.tpl but wasn't able to,
although I did see that the indicators were slightly higher than they
should be due to the lack of a clearer for the dashboard boxes, which
I've put into this latest patch. But what I did notice in your video is
that the indicators are still the old colours, which could mean that you
haven't compiled your theme yet. If you could apply this latest patch,
run "make css" in the terminal, and then check if the indicators are
white icon on black background, this will show whether the patch has
been applied properly.

I've attached a screenshot to show how the indicators should look.

Cheers
Evonne

** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2021-09-13 10-52-03.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1939165/+attachment/5524765/+files/Screenshot%20from%202021-09-13%2010-52-03.png

  Bootstrap4 carousel doesn't render correctly

Status in Mahara:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I tried to put a carousel into index.tpl using the example from the
  bootstrap documentation[1] but it's broken in a number of ways; the
  arrows and indicators don't render in the correct position and the
  animation does not run as expected and instead ends up as a sort of
  awkward shuffle (I can post an example if requested).

  I've narrowed down the problem to a number of overrides in the raw
  theme in Mahara which my theme is based on. If I remove the
  _carousel.scss from components/ and the carousel related code from
  _bootsrap-variables.scss and theme.js then the carousel works as
  expected. [2-4]

  A search through the commit log shows some fairly old commits related
  to carousel and image gallery.[5]

  [1] https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.3/components/carousel/#with-indicators
  [2]
https://git.mahara.org/mahara/mahara/-/blob/master/htdocs/theme/raw/sass/components/_carousel.scss