** Changed in: mahara

  Bootstrap4 carousel doesn't render correctly

Status in Mahara:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  I tried to put a carousel into index.tpl using the example from the
  bootstrap documentation[1] but it's broken in a number of ways; the
  arrows and indicators don't render in the correct position and the
  animation does not run as expected and instead ends up as a sort of
  awkward shuffle (I can post an example if requested).

  I've narrowed down the problem to a number of overrides in the raw
  theme in Mahara which my theme is based on. If I remove the
  _carousel.scss from components/ and the carousel related code from
  _bootsrap-variables.scss and theme.js then the carousel works as
  expected. [2-4]

  A search through the commit log shows some fairly old commits related
  to carousel and image gallery.[5]

  [1] https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.3/components/carousel/#with-indicators
  [2]
https://git.mahara.org/mahara/mahara/-/blob/master/htdocs/theme/raw/sass/components/_carousel.scss