I think we can split the duties a bit, too. Simon, can you share your experience since you did a GSOC for Lucene a few years back? I seem to recall there being a couple of Lucene mentors.

On Mar 6, 2008, at 1:47 AM, Isabel Drost wrote:

Finally found a general answer to my question:

| While the answer to this question will vary widely depending on the number | of students a mentor works with, the difficulty of the proposals and the
| skill level of the students, most mentors have let us know that they
| underestimated the amount of time they would need to invest in GSoC. Five
| hours per student per week is a reasonable estimate.

Sounds like doing it part time after work is going to be a bit tough - but five hours per student per week in summer should be doable, at least for me.

As these are summer projects and certainly some of us are going to be on vacation during that time we should plan for having one backup for each
mentor that goes on vacation at a different time.

Isabel

--
You were s'posed to laugh!
 |\      _,,,---,,_       Web:   <http://www.isabel-drost.de>
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xmpp://[EMAIL PROTECTED]>