On Monday 24 March 2008, Robin Anil wrote:
> The Complement-Naive-Bayes-Classifier(coded up for this project) then run on
> the retrieved document to do post processing.

The ideas presented in the slides look pretty interesting to me. Could you
please provide some pointers to information in the Complement Naive Bayes
Classifier? What were the reasons you chose this classifier?

> If its possible to have the classifier run along with Lucene and
> spit out sentences and add them to a field in real-time, It would
> essentially enable this system to be online and allow for real-time
> queries.

So what you are hoping for is a system that can crawl and answer queries at
the same time, integrating more and more information as it becomes available,
right?

> I would gladly answer any queries except results

Hmm, so for this competition there is no sample dataset available to test the
performance of the algorithms against? Sounds like there is no way to
determine which of two competing solutions is better except making two
submissions...

Isabel

--
The ideal voice for radio may be defined as showing no substance, no sex,no
owner, and a message of importance for every housewife.         -- Harry V. Wade
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xmpp://[EMAIL PROTECTED]>