I don't know, I have not found a great solution for this. I don't use
Maven myself but am not against learning how to use it effectively.
Part of that is sorting out how to keep it in sync with Ant build
scripts. We could delegate all building to Ant. Perhaps that's the
easiest way.

Anyone know enough about Maven to understand best practices? I assume
some does or else we wouldn't be bothering with it.