I was always asking myself what is so special about projects like Lucene,
Hadoop (and possibly Mahout?) that maven can not be used as a project
management tool for them. I haven't heard an answer until these days (...
"these projects are complex" is not an answer for me).

Lukas

--
http://blog.lukas-vlcek.com/