Since nobody will ever call these methods, the one major problem this
practice causes goes away. It's always fine IMHO to default to
throwing exceptions out of these methods, where they will be logged
and handled. Explicitly listing exceptions increases coupling without
benefit: if the checked exceptions change, code breaks, when the fix
will always be the same and known ahead of time: add it to the method
signature. So why bother.

I've been 'fixing' this the other way so good to discuss it.