Robin Anil wrote:
Hadoop reuses the *same* instance whenever it uses readFields and I've been
bitten more than once by assuming otherwise.

Yep!. Thats our bug. Always assume mutability in Hadoop :) . I will see the
where the writable is causing the error.
Best is if we could have some test data and make a check to see if the
algorithm is working.

Good hunting. I notice that some of the code in the fuzzy MR unit test has been commented out but have not looked into it further.

I assume also you have sorted out the canopy issue you were having?

Jeff