Yes. It shouldn't be a problem. My point was that we are extending numpoints as part of ClusterBase, though we are not using it in SoftCluster. Other that that, I don't see any issue w.r.t. functionality.

Thanks
Pallavi

Robin Anil wrote:
In the impl of SoftClusters on writeOut it calculates the centroid and
writes it and when read(in) it reads the centroid in to the center.

In ClusterDumper it reads into the ClusterBase and does value.getCenter();
It should work normally right

Robin

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Pallavi Palleti <