I would like to nominate Sean Owen as Chair of the Mahout PMC.

I suggest the following process for this election.

We should allow other nominations for 2 days until noon March 17 PDT.  If no
other nominations have been entered by then, we should consider Sean elected
by acclamation.  If other nominations have been posted to this list by then,
we should immediately hold a 3 day vote by the Mahout committers to conclude
Saturday March 20 at noon PDT.   Since this is a procedural vote, a majority
vote of committers will suffice for election and only positive votes for a
properly nominated candidate will be considered.