On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The files should not be checked in -- Eclipse requires one-per-project
> and the magic dust is pushing copies from a central location. Ignores
> are fine. I have blankets for those files in my personal settings so I
> didn't spot the issue.

svn:ignore's committed.

> I don't know the parentage of the PMD file that was checked in. It
> might even have come from me a long time ago. I do hate warnings, so
> my view, personally, is that we either keep+fix or remove.

Yes, I don't like warnings either, but until these are fixed or
removed warnings are better than errors. I don't think all of PMD's
gripes are worth ignoring (e.g: method names starting with capital
letters). I''ve never used PMD before, so I'm likely to be of little
help revising the existing settings.