At 10:21 AM -0400 2003/08/28, Barry Warsaw wrote:

 Another thing I'd like to do is to make it an option to free all the
 held messages of someone who posted before they were a member, and then
 became a member, without explicit admin approval.

I'd also like to see an update to the spam checking.

For example, for closed lists, I'd like to have a default action of holding the message if it comes from a subscriber and matches the spam regex. But I'd like to have a default action of discarding the message if it comes from a non-subscriber and matches the spam regex.

Not that I need to know but what do you mean with governor?

Ah, a regulator. I.e. something that stops Mailman from sending too many confirmation messages during a certain period of time. There are actually already such things in the autoresponder, but more of the system needs to be put on it.

There is already the option "Should the list moderators get immediate notice of new requests, as well as daily notices about collected ones?", which I was very grateful to be able to turn off.

I also made the source-code modification so that the default action for held messages is "discard" as opposed to "defer". This way, I can get rid of hundreds of held messages in a single button click. Yes, more dangerous, but a lifesaver during the recent SoBig.F mess.

But I'd prefer not to get most of those held messages in the first place, since they were from non-subscribers and definitely matched the spam regex (after a bit of tweaking the SpamAssassin configuration).

--
Brad Knowles, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>