What'm trying to do is explain why Mailman should (IMHO) take a quite
different, much more conservative, stance toward implementing this,
and why I criticize DMARC.

I don't know anyone who thinks the way that Yahoo and AOL are using DMARC is a good idea.

But you're nuts if you think that every Mailman list is going to kick off every Yahoo and AOL user, no matter how much the two providers might deserve it. As I said, some of us run lists to get work done rather than to make a political point, and the only way to continue to get work done at this point is to route around the DMARC damage somehow.

Note that AOL and Yahoo! need to do this because they have ambitions
of being e-commerce platforms, and so their domain names can be used
to scam money out of people.

We're deep enough into tin-foil hat territory here that we're done. Should you want to know what AOL and Yahoo are actually doing, see the most recent entry in my blog at http://jl.ly/

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY