On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 09:26:13AM -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> globs make sense for file system operations, and we've been using them for
> decades in shells.  I think globs make less sense for header value pattern
> matching.

Looking at my sieve/procmail recipes, I rarely use globs (except in
blacklisting), it seems.

In the blacklisting case, it's against words in Subject: lines, as
well as Sender:/From: headers. I'd imagine (for those still using such
things), that's a fairly common approach.

--
"Ink is handicapped, in a way, because you can blow up a man with gunpowder in
 half a second, while it may take twenty years to blow him up with a book. But