On Oct 9, 2017, at 03:55, Stephen J. Turnbull
<turnbull.stephen...@u.tsukuba.ac.jp> wrote:

> Do we need to worry about current distros?

Probably not, as you point out.

> We're still seeing plenty of questions about new installations of
> Mailman 2 on mailman-users.  Mailman 3 is still a double-diamond
> application.  As I wrote in a different thread, I don't think Mailman
> 3 is going to be ready for the mom & pop listowner for a while.  If
> versions of Centos (or whatever) don't support Python 3 by then, "let
> them run containers". :-)

Yep, and we have a good container story now, so I think that’s entirely viable.
 There is work being done on Debian packaging for MM3 and I think having
everything on Python 3 should make that story better too.  (Debian unstable
does have Python3 Django).

-Barry