On 2/27/19 8:31 AM, Abhilash Raj wrote:
> Hi Ye,
>
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019, at 8:27 AM, Ye Xiaoxing wrote:
>> Dear Mailman Developers,
>>
>> TL; DR: Please change the CNAME record of docs.mailman3.org from
>> gnu-mailman.readthedocs.org to readthedocs.io.

That won't help. You can go to <https://gnu-mailman.readthedocs.org> and
you won't encounter any certificate issue as the certificate is valid
for *.readthedocs.io. The issue is when you go to
<https://docs.mailman3.org> or <https://docs.list.org>, you wind up at
gnu-mailman.readthedocs.org, but your browser still sees that you went
to docs.mailman3.org or docs.list.org and the readthedocs.io certificate
doesn't list those domains.

We don't have any control over the readthedocs.io certificate so we
can't fix it in that way.

> Thanks for noticing and letting us know! I have updated the GSoC description
> page to reflect the http:// URL of the docs while we try to fix the original
> problem.

One possible way to fix this is to change the CNAMEs for
docs.mailman3.org and docs.list.org to point to a server we do control
like mail.mailman3.org and update its certificate for those domains and
update its web server to redirect those requests to
<https://gnu-mailman.readthedocs.org>