On Mon, Mar 18, 2019, at 9:43 AM, aaryan bhagat wrote:
> Thanks for clarification abhilash, however a small query is there upon seeing
> you reply.
>
> >a user could have multiple addresses
>

> This means a user having a specific email let's say "a...@example.com" is
> subscribed to multiple mailing-lists(addresses).

No, this means that a user can have multiple email addresses:

User Foo:
 - Email: f...@example.com
 - Email: f...@example.com
 - Emai: f...@example.org

> The email will be unique of every user.

Yes, one email belongs to one user. But, one user can have many email addresses.

> It is not like a single user can have multiple emails subscribed to multiple
> mailing-lists.

Yes, one user can have multiple emails subscribed to multiple mailing lists.

So from above, "User Foo" could be subscribed to

- "Member of list1.example.com" with "Email: f...@example.com"
- "Member of list2.example.com" with "Email: f...@example.com"
- "Member of list2.example.com" with "Email: f...@example.com
<mailto:f...@example.com>"
- "Member of list2.example.com" with "Email: f...@example.com
<mailto:f...@example.com>"

So, one user can subscribe to same mailing list with more than 1 email address.

> We will treat the multiple emails as separate users right?

No, addresses belong to user, but more than 1 address can belong to same user.

> Also I have begun writing the proposal.
> I have a concrete idea of what should we implement.
> Although it lacks multiple us-case diagrams as of now.

Cool!

--
 thanks,
 Abhilash Raj (maxking)