>I'm really just an outside observer here, but it seems to me that in this
>thread you (aaryan) are getting way ahead of yourself. I know you are
>interested in this as a GSOC project, but it seems to me you should be
>focusing on your GSOC proposal and getting accepted before you start worrying
>about implementation details.

I understand your concern and honestly was bit of reluctant asking this due to
this reason only (me deviating).
But my GSoC proposal demands implementation of bounce handling.  I can just
write the theoretical details only in the proposal, but that would be
incomplete and misguiding. I also need to know whether implementation of
feature/event X is possible, if possible then in which way it could be less
demanding on resources. That is why I am considering all the cases and some
background information.

I would definitely narrow and focus my approach even further from now on!.
Thanks for pointing it out.