On 6/10/19 11:21 PM, Aaryan Bhagat wrote:
> Upon searching more regarding various models in the Gnu Mailman, I learned
> that technically first a "User" entity is created and then a "Member" entity
> can be created in correspondence to a "Mailing-List" entity. For example
>> harry_member = mlist.subscribe(harry_user)

This is the mailing list subscribe method in Mailman core which requires
a user or address object to subscribe.

> This, however, is totally different to the subscribe function given in the
> mailmanclient doc, where you actually do:
>> harry_member =
>> mlist.subscribe(harry_email,harry_display_name,pre_verified...)

mailmanclient is completely separate from Mailman core. It provides a
set of Python bindings that are used by Postorius and HyperKitty to
communicate with core via core's REST API. Its mailing list subscribe
method is not core's subscribe method and its arguments are those
appropriate for Postorius