Hey Steve,

вс, 20 дек. 2020 г., 6:03 Stephen J. Turnbull <
turnbull.stephen...@u.tsukuba.ac.jp>:

> Danil Smirnov writes:
>
>  > But how about that idea to offload Postfix-Mailman communication from a
>  > filesystem to a network using Postfix socketmap_tables feature which I
> like
>  > a lot as it allows me to get rid of using any shared volumes in the
> stack
>  > completely - it's quite convenient in multi-host setups like Docker
> Swarm
>  > or Kubernetes...
>
> Would you be willing to write up a description of your configuration
> that we can add to the wiki and/or documentation?  Communication in
> multihost setups, especially those intended to isolate hosts exposed
> to the internet from the intranet, is a sore point for us since
> Mailman 3 is really designed as a single-host, three application
> system.

Sorry for the confusion - I should write "would allow" instead of "allows"
as using socketmap_table would be a great feature but it obviously requires
a new endpoint in Mailman core which does not exist yet.

I've experimented a lot with Mailman 3 in Kubernetes and I've faced only
two disappointing issues: 1) HK whitelisting mechanism
<https://gitlab.com/mailman/hyperkitty/-/issues/18> which makes no sense in
a dynamic Kubernetes environment and 2) a shared volume, which is needed
for Core and Postfix to communicate.

Otherwise everything looks fine and with those two issues
resolved/mitigated there is no problem to deploy Mailman 3 in Kubernetes, I
can prepare an example Helm chart for it.

Danil