Respected Mailman Developers

My name is Shubhank(https://gitlab.com/shubhank-saxena). I am a final year
engineering undergraduate from India.
I am interested to participate in GSoC 2021 under Mailman. I have gone
through the instructions provided by the organisation, and have got one of
my MR reviewed and merged in the Mailman Core.

I have now started to write a proposal in the same direction and I was
wondering how can I start the discussion regarding the Mailman Core
projects that are given on the webpage (
https://wiki.list.org/DEV/Google%20Summer%20of%20Code%202021). I am
interested in the project "Support for REST Callbacks in Core".

Also, is the IRC channel active? I did not see any conversations happening
so I was wondering if the mode of communication has shifted strictly to the
mailing list?

Thank you for your time!