On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 07:21, Joseph M. wrote:
[6 messages in 67 minutes, all basically asking the same thing, all in
MIME/alternative - please just ask questions once since the subscribers
end up being mailbombed by you and rather less inclined to be helpful]

>         We are currently using Mailman for a few months now, and we were just
>wondering if there is a maximun number of subscriber that it can handle, because
>right now we have one list that was corrupted and we do not know the cause.  It gave
>us this error:
>     Jan 28 17:00:02 2002 (8965) sweet db file was corrupt, using fallback:
>/home/mailman/lists/sweet/config.db.last
>     Jan 28 17:00:04 2002 (8966) sweet db file was corrupt, using fallback:
>/home/mailman/lists/sweet/config.db.last
>     Jan 28 17:00:05 2002 (8965) sweet fallback was corrupt, giving up

This does appear to happen occasionally - rarely - and when it does its
a pig.  You need to either scrub config.db and rebuild your list, or
restore config.db from backup.

>         And another thing, one of our list was mirrored to the other list which
>overite the list.  Is there any backup of the list that Mailman generated? If not is
>there a way to recover lost data?

Don't understand the question here.

        Nigel.

                                          Joseph M.