Richard Barrett wrote:
At 13:36 02/04/2003, Michael Mansour wrote:
Apr  2 22:35:37 pcserv sendmail[25359]: h32CZaDm025359:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... User unknown

This is your MTA (sendmail) telling you it does not know about the list's mail alias(es).

Have you added the list's mail aliases to the sendmail aliases file and rebuilt the sendmail aliases database?

Which is better, to add the name to the aliases file or to put it into the virtusertable?

Of course, this doesn't just apply to Mailman, but to any user I'm aliasing. Does anyone know the real "rules" about what's an alias and who is a virtual user? My guess is that aliases would be used for real accounts on the system but that virtual users would be programs like Mailman or users who don't have a physical account on system but are using a system address.

Thoughts?

DAN