At 7:51 PM -0700 2003/07/04, SysAdmin wrote:

 Anyone have a better mailing list tool than Mailman that you can
 recommend? I'd like to have something that I don't have to babysit so
 much. As much as I hate to do it, I might just have to go back to
 Majordomo (it has much better documentation, too). Sigh.

I've been administering mail systems for over ten years. I've also been administering mailing lists for about that long. I've used majordomo, and we've recently upgraded to mailman 2.1.2 on the mailing lists I'm now administering.

I can tell you, with some authority, that mailman is many orders of magnitude better than majordomo, with more features, and easier and more flexible to manage, both for people who are old hands at mailing list administration and people who have never done it before in their life.

I really don't want to begin to contemplate what would be necessary for us to switch back to majordomo.

Now, if you want to get some help with mailman, provide us more information about your configuration and just what exactly is not working well, and maybe we can help. Otherwise, you're wasting your time and ours.