:S> Anyone have a better mailing list tool than Mailman that you can
:S> recommend? I'd like to have something that I don't have to babysit so
:S> much. As much as I hate to do it, I might just have to go back to
:S> Majordomo (it has much better documentation, too). Sigh.

Is it possible your needs might be better met with an outsourced mailing list solution?
While we have the in-house expertise to manage Mailman, my cost analyses have
demonstrated
this is not a good use of our limited programming time.  Perhaps you can find a
provider
who offers Mailman at a reasonable rate.

I tested Lyris for a year (outsourced solution, from Sparklist) and I was unimpressed.

Karen G. Schneider